Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Need A Transrectal Ultrasound With Prostate Biopsy
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
Prostate Biopsy: The duration of the procedure depends on a number of factors: 1) how many samples are taken (6, 12, 24?); 2) what kind of sedation is provided (local, conscious, monitored anesthesia); 3) operator skill; 4) patient factors; 5) complications or not; 6) pre-procedure prep time; 7) post-procedure recovery (particularly how quickly you pass urine); 8) setting where performed (hospital or outpatient). ...Read more
My PSA is a 5, I'm going for a ultrasound guidance prostate biopsy. Is this procedure painful. Is it necessary?
I had a transrectal prostate biopsy 8 days ago. Sometimes after sleep, when i urinate, bright red blood first comes out. Then clear urine. Cause?
Common: This occurs relatively commonly. If limited and otherwise does not hinder voiding, a watch and wait approach is reasonable. If not, call your doctor. ...Read more
Is it safe to start taking a blood thinner if still seeing blood and clots while urinating after prostate biopsy, and are clots normal? For my dad.
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have blood in my urine after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to be in pain for weeks after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to bleed after a transvaginal ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to skip a period with paragard?
- Is it normal to have a fever with bronchitis after antibiotics are started?
- Is it normal to have prostate fluid come out when you have a bowel movement?
- Is it normal to have blood in urine 2 weeks after prostate biopsy?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free