Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Loose Your Sense Of Smell With Age
Lipoic Acid may work: This seems to happen to some as they age, but it can also signal some diseases. Early parkinson's can include this, as can diabetes, chronic nasal problems & some neurological - you can be examined & treated for these. Some think dietary zinc helps, lipoic acid seems to and the old asthma drug, theophylline. Work with your doctor on it. Good luck! ...Read more
Hard to say.: At age 30, it is unusual to have diminished smell. Some possibilities are related to nasal obstruction. Allergy, mechanical obstruction, drug abuse, sinusitis with nasal polyps are a few reasons. It is possible that late in life, degeneration of the first cranial nerve may occur. (the nerve of smell). The common cold can cause swelling of the lining of the nose but this is usually reversible. ...Read more
What operation: Not "normal" to have loss of smell and taste routinely following surgery unless this involved brain areas for those functions. ...Read more
The first days after septoplasty and turbinoplasty my sense of smell came back strong. Now after 5 weeks, i can hardly smell anymore. Is this normal?
I had a concussion and my sense of smell has become all distorted due to it. When will i get it back to normal?
Temporarily yes: But this should not be a longnterm problem and if it persists may be indicative of problems with your olfactory apparatus. Discuss with your surgeon. ...Read more
I have had constant cramping about a week before due period. Acute sense of smell. And constant body aches. These arn't normal for my body. Any help?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have seman come out of your penis while your pushing out a bm?
- Is it possible to regain my sense of smell back?
- Is it possible to tighten up the loose skin on your upper arms with exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have pull a hair out of your anus?
- Is it normal to crave a lot of chocolate and sweets when you are on your period?
- Is it normal to smell after your period?
- Is it normal to miss your period with paragard?
- Talk to a neurologist online