Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Have Swollen Labia After Giving Birth
Large Labia: Enlarged labia after pregnancy is extremely commonand to be expected particularly after prolonged labor but this may be aggravated by increased venous pressure and associated with hemorrhoids. Ice & gentle compression, and witch hazel as recommended by dr. Herold are useful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Labia are part of external female genital anatomy (vulva) & consist of labia majora (hair bearing, fulller, outer) serving from the embryonic genital swellings/folds whereas labia minora from from urethral folds. Swelling of either may be due to congenital deformities or acquired tumors of the tissues (skin, fat, vessels) or a hernia, or allergic reaction or trauma or infection ...Read more
Swollen labia minora after rough sex, happened straight after and here the next morning although not as bad.. How can I make them back to normal?
Rest & cold compress: Normal response after repeated impact. Cold compresses and rest will help go down. ...Read more
change hormones can: Cause swelling in some people as long as it goes away when the period starts and does not persisit, not much you can do except if you want to stop your periods, if they are excessibvely red or show any sores or lesions your gyn can do a culture to r/o infection , etc, and he or she could do an exam anyway to make sure nothing looks abnormal. ...Read more
I'm concerned because I have swollen labia after sex. How can I relieve this and what should I do?
Swollen Labia Minora: Swollen labia can be arise from congenital causes, vascular, lymphatic, tumor, infection, trauma from intercourse, cyst enlargement, varicocoele, hidradenitis, fasciitis, and many other causes. It is best to see your gynecologist for an exam. However the labia are composed of vascular tissue, similar to the penis, and do become slightly engorged during sexual stimulation which is normal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Allergy, STD, cyst ?: There could be a variety of possible explanations and you should review all potential products as well as any personal history of allergies. It could be a sign of an std and appropriate safeguards should be taken. It could also be a cyst albeit not likely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have swollen feet after giving birth?
- Is it normal to have pressure in the vaginal area five months after giving birth?
- Is it normal to not want to have sex after giving birth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- After giving birth is it normal to bleed when pooping
- Months after giving birth is it possible to have a a retained placenta
- Is it normal to have an itchy skin rash and swollen neck after chicken pox?
- Is it okay to have sex 4 wks after giving birth or is it a must to wait 6 wks?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free