Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Have Mastitis After Weaning
I am suffering from mastitis for the 4th time in 3 months; is it possible to wean on one side only?
Discourage nursing: Your toddler should be eating all foods by this age divert his attention from nursing by offering his favorite food .You may not be producing much breast milk by decreasing nursing frequency ,the production will go down .You won't get mastitis but may be little congestion of breast for a short while . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi. I am breastfeeding . I had needle biopsy for 2 lumps in my breast. They were benign but after biopsy I had mastitis. Is this normal? Thank you
I've been taking Augmentin 875/125 mg x5 days for mastitis. Have had diarrhea, headache, & fatigue x3 days (after taking Augmentin). Is this normal?
I have mastitis. It has been 10 days on antibiotics and it is still inflamed and hurts! is this normal?
No: If you are not feeling better, you should check with your doctor. There may be a more serious infection. ...Read more
Mastitis: Mastitis during breastfeeding is not normal but is certainly very common. It is caused by overgrowth of bacteria in milk-containing ducts. It is managed with oral antibiotics and continuation of breast feeding to empty the milk ducts. Mastitis while breastfeeding is not a sign of breast cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after oral sex?
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- Is it normal to still have breast milk after three years?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have cramps after taking plan b?
- Is it normal to have a fever and chills after starting antibiotics for a uti?
- Is it normal to have vaginal pain after a pap smear test?
- Is it normal to have discharge after a transvaginal ultrasound?
- Talk to a pediatrician online