Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Glandular Fever
I had glandular fever a few years ago and for about 3 months after tiredness and fatigue. Normal symptom of the post-glandular fever and the low iron, etc?
"Normal symptoms": My apologies but I don't understand what your question is. Are you still fatigued? Has your energy diminished? Is your weight stable? etc. ...Read more
Got tested for glandular fever few weeks ago, it was positive.I got another test 2 days ago.Said i don't have it anymore.Is it normal to be still tired?
Can glandular fever elevate a child's liver enzymes in a blood test if so how long till it goes back to normal?
I have had blood tests, have found I have glandular fever.I feel exhausted;etc.I have very sore tummy. Had it 3 day so far.I off food is this normal?
Yes: Unfortunately, glandular fever (or infectious mononucleosis, as it is known in the us) is one of those viral infections you have to just let run its course, with supportive care. The majority of the symptoms will resolve by 2 weeks; the fatigue, however, can persist for a long time, months in some patients. ...Read more
Highly variable: As a general rule 4-12 wks, but chronic long-term manifestations are well documented. This is ebv infectious mononucleosis. This herpes virus, like the others, sets up permanent residence in people who are infected, and can potentially produce several different malignancies, and recurrence of symptoms of mono are also reported, as is recurrence. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have a fever and chills after starting antibiotics for a uti?
- Is it normal to have a fever with bronchitis after antibiotics are started?
- Is it normal to have a fever during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a fever when first starting antibiotics?
- Is it normal to have fever during pregnancy?
- Is it normal to have a fever for 3 days?
- Is it normal to run low grade fever while on period?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free