Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Get Lower Back Pain After A Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Low back pain is pain that occurs in the back above the buttock area and below the ribs. Low back pain can be sharp, dull, intermittent or constant. Pain can be at rest or associated with activity. Back pain can also be accompanied with pain that shoots or radiates down into the lower extremities or legs which is frequently ...Read more
I am having a lot of inner knee, thigh, and lower back pain after knee replacement. My surgery was 3 months ago & I have more pain than before tkr.
I've had total knee replacement surgery on both knees and now am having severe pain in left buttox and lower back, what can I do? Pt hasn't helped
Hi doctor, 3 weeks back my mother has undergone total knee replacement surgery. after that the platelet count has increased to 6.5*10^4/cmm.. is this normal?
Could be ok: depends on the lab should ask doctor who ordered test ...Read more
Yes: It varies quite a bit. Some parltients do really well even within a couple weeks of surgery, while others dolly improve over several months. If your surgeon is happy with how your knee and X-rays look, I would not be too concerned. Hopefully you will soon turn the corner and start feeling better. ...Read more
Could be: Swelling is definitely normal following a surgery, and gravity will tend to force the swelling into your foot. However, if this is new just within the past few days and there is associated pain, it could be a symptom of the formation of a blood clot in your leg. You should see your doc for evaluation if you are concerned. Good luck! ...Read more
Potentially: I would discuss any concerns with your surgeon, but there certainly is some degree of healing that must occur in the patella after a knee replacement. The patella is actually inverted inside out to expose and replace its undersurface with a polyethylene bearing surface, then the medial aspect of the quadriceps mechanism, which helps in tracking of the patella, must be divided and then repaired. ...Read more
8 month since arthroscopic knee surgery, still hurts to walk. Do injections take pain away or should I get total knee replacement? Lots of pain :(
Is it wise to walk for 30 minutes a day/5 days a week, 6 months after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my knee to get really stiff after a total knee replacement?
- Is it okay to have lower back pain after a tetanus or meningitis shot?
- Is it safe to go snowboarding 5 months after getting a total hip replacement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my skin to get itchy and dry after a flight?
- How long after a vasectomy is it normal to feel pain?
- Is it normal to have back pain in the area 4 weeks after spinal tap?
- Is it a healthy sign to get slight appetite back after being sick?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free