Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Get Food Cravings During The Menstrual Cycle
Yes: Yes - it is common.Get a more detailed answer ›
Menstrual refers to the monthly cycle in women which prepares the female for ovulation, generally once per month, which is that time of month that the egg can be fertilized by the male sperm, for the purpose of reproduction. Menstrual cycles start at the first day of menstruation. (it's always been curious to me that 'menstrual' and ...Read more
Cravings: It is not unusual to crave sweets or salty foods or really anything during the premenstrual time period. Very typical of a lot of women. ...Read more
Many, not all: Many girls and women have cravings for certain foods (chocolate) or certain tastes such as salty or sweet. Some don't experience any cravings at all. ...Read more
Yes!:  eat whole grains.  avoid refined sugar roller coaster.  eat omega-3's [salmon, ground flaxseed].  drink lots of water  avoid caffeine and alcohol.  limit extra salt, salty processed foods.  graze: eat smaller portions throughout the day instead of three big meals.  get moving 30-60 minutes every day [ok: not eating but still key]. Good luck! ...Read more
I am having random bruises on my leg during my menstrual cycle. What do I do for this? I do not normally get these, this is the first time.
See your Doctor: This needs to be evaluated.Get a more detailed answer ›
Possible options: Avoid caffeine, alcohol, extra salt & junk carbohydrates. Increase complex carbohydrates – try to incorporate at least 5 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit into your diet daily. Try: omega- 3 fatty acids. Try to take in magnesium either through supplementation or through your diet with your dr’s approval. ...Read more
During what days in a normal menstrual cycle does a woman have clear skin and feels better in everyway?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have extreme hot flashes during your menstrual cycle at 45?
- Is it normal to get a hard cyst on the labia that eventually bursts?
- Is it normal to see flashes of light after getting hit in the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for a skin tone to get lighter in winter even if in the sun?
- Is it normal to have rectal pain in every menstrual cycle?
- Is it normal to get strep throat at the same time every year?
- Is it normal for your arm to swell up after getting the gardasil shot?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free