Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Bleed After Intercourse
Can it be normal to bleed after intercourse 5 weeks after a total abdominal hyster? Its like a period.Started last night, and heavier this morning.
Is it normal to bleed after have sexual intercourse after not having sex for a long time I am not sexually active because my husband is faraway and we don't see each other until several months but i always bleed after having intercourse
The : The most common source of vaginal bleeding after sex is from the cervix - the part of the uterus that hangs into the vagina. It is most likely just cervical irritation from the friction of sex. As long as you are premenopausal, the bleeding is infrequent and slight, and you have normal, regular pap smears, then you don't necessarily have to see your doctor for it. If you are postmenopausal, have bleeding that is heavy, or if you have had abnormal paps smears in the past, you should see your doctor to rule out more serious causes of bleeding such as cervical cancer. Good luck! ...Read more
Bleeding: Post-coital bleeding (bleeding after sexual intercourse) is most likely related to a vaginal tear. A history of painful intercourse strengthens the suspicion. The tear can be small or extensive, so if there is prolonged or heavy bleeding, an evaluation with a doctor should ensue. ...Read more
Cervical trauma?: The bleeding is likely resulting from cervical trauma--i.E the tip of the penis hitting the cervice repeatedly during relation, especially your partner is long. This usually resolves spontaneously. Some cervical disease such as polyps, cervictis etc..Can increase bleeding risk with minimal trauma. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
No: Vaginal infection, chlamydia. Gonnorhea, polyps, are some possiblities. ...Read more
How much bleeding is "normal" after intercourse ? I know shouldn't happen but can sometimes. Is bleeding like period for 24 hours after normal?
No: If that happens consistently you need a prompt exam. If it was just a one-time thing, you can probably what and observe. Good wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to bleed after a transvaginal ultrasound?
- After giving birth is it normal to bleed when pooping
- Is it normal to bleed after being fingered?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to bleed longer than 7 day for the 1st period after an abortion?
- Is it normal for a woman to bleed after having sex?
- Is it normal to bleed a week after your period?
- Is it normal to bleed several times after having sex for the first time?
- Is it normal to bleed after first time intercourse?