Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Be In Pain For Weeks After Having A Prostate Biopsy
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
Common: This occurs relatively commonly. If limited and otherwise does not hinder voiding, a watch and wait approach is reasonable. If not, call your doctor. ...Read more
Is it safe to start taking a blood thinner if still seeing blood and clots while urinating after prostate biopsy, and are clots normal? For my dad.
See answer: It is not unusual to have some discomfort or pain in prostate/pelvic region along with some minor bleeding from rectum, penis, and/or in urine for 1-2 days and blood in semen for at least several weeks. Any persistent or worsening pain, pain or swelling of the testicles, fever (>100.5)/chills, difficulty voiding should prompt a call to your md or a visit to the er. ...Read more
Prostate biopsy: Blood in the urine is very common after prostate biopsy. It ususally clears up in a few days (3-5), but it may be sporadically present 1-2 weeks after the biopsy. If there are multiple blood clots and or difficulty urinating/retnetion of urine you should see you physician immedialtely or go to the emergency room. ...Read more
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have blood in urine 2 weeks after prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to have blood in my urine after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to have pain 5 days after an endometrial biopsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms after prostate biopsy
- Can it be normal to have back pain 4 weeks after spinal tap?
- Is it normal to have back pain in the area 4 weeks after spinal tap?
- How long have pain after endometrial biopsy?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free