Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Be Depressed After A Foot Amputation
Include being down or sad most of the time, loss of interest/pleasure in usual activities, unintended increase or decrease in appetite/weight, sleeping more or less than usual, being agitated or lethargic, feeling worthless or inappropriately guilty or self critical, having difficulty concentrating or making decisions, & thinking of death & dying. Suicidal ...Read more
Modify: You may have to modify your routine exercise. There will be certain limitation to consider. You want to avoid anything that causes further breakdown of your skin, leading to ulceration and further infections and amputations. Shoe modification is also very important.Depending on the level of the amp, you may need fillers to help. Also ask your doctor if any work is going to be done on your achilles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How soon after amputation does physical therapy begin? When can I expect to begin physical therapy after my foot amputation?
Immediately : Physical therapy and occupational therapy after a major amputation should start immediately to learn how to move around the house and do activities of daily living without using the affected leg. Once the wound is healed and the person is allowed to bear weight physical therapy changes the focus towards walking. This may be delayed by the need to have a custom fit device for walking. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why it is done: Healing in a foot amputations will be slow. If amputation is done on a normal healthy person like after a injury will heal with in 6 wk, but most of the foot amputations are done on diabetics, with poor circulation due to peripheral vascular diseases , with infections including gangrene of toes , will take months to heal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to be constipated after a colonoscopy?
- Is it normal to be in pain for weeks after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to be nauseous the day after having a cardiac ablation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a swollen left foot after a acl repair?
- Soreness after a colonoscopy
- Is it normal to bleed for 4 days after a pap smear?
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free