Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Anthrax
1 germ/3-4 forms: There is one anthrax germ that produces human illness based on how it enters the body. Inhaled spores can produce pulmonary anthrax (terrorist act), eating raw meat or dairy from infected animals can produce mouth & throat or gastrointestinal anthrax.Spores that are scratched into the skin surface can produce a skin sore.See www.Bt.Cdc.Gov/agent/anthrax. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contact with spores: Anthrax is not spread person to person! it is know for its potential to be used in terrorism (2001) as dried spores sent thru the mail infected some people with pulmonary anthrax. You can get skin anthrax from contact with spores ( from soil) & you can get GI anthrax by eating raw meat or dairy from contaminated animals. See www.Bt.Cdc.Gov/agent/anthrax. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different forms of: Anthrax infection. Mortality rate for skin acquired untreated anthrax is 10 to 20 % but very low w antibiotic therapy. Mortality rate for inhalation anthrax is 50 to 90 % even w antibiotic therapy. Mortality rate for gastrointestinal anthrax is about 50 % w antibiotic therapy. If meningitis occurs w anthrax infection it is usually fatal. ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Infectious disease caused by bacteria called bacillus anthracis. Called woolsorter's disease because those at highest risk work around hoofed animals such as sheep, cattle, goats. Infection in humans most often involves the skin, gastrointestinal tract, or lungs. Can be treated with certain antibiotics. Can be fatal if not treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after oral sex?
- Is it normal to bleed for 4 days after a pap smear?
- Is it normal to poop right after you eat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my vagina to burn after my boyfriend ejaculates in me?
- Is it normal to hurt after losing your virginity?
- Is it normal to have your period twice in one month?
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- Talk to a dermatologist online