Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Anemia
No: It is not normal to be anemic. Your body has ability to maintain a good status all the time. If you are anemic it means that those mechanisms have been overwhelmed and cannot keep anymore a proper balance. You should see your pcp and after some iron therapy if still anemic a more in depth work-up will be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly...: Symptoms common to many types of anemia (low hemoglobin) include the following: easy fatigue and loss of energy, rapid heart beat (particularly with exercise), shortness of breath, headache, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, pale skin, leg cramps, and insomnia. It depends on the symptom you are referring to. ...Read more
Unclear...: Anemia means a decrease in your rbc (red blood cell) count, hemoglobin content, and hematocrit level. All these parameters are part of a blood test named CBC (complete blood count) and will be abnormal if there is anemia. If the blood test is normal then anemia is unlikely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe: Ice cravings has been reported as a symptom of iron deficiency anemia. Some people believe ice cravings also occur in other forms of anemia, such as thalassemia anemias. It is not known how many non-anemic persons have ice cravings, so it is unknown how likely it would be for a ice cravings to occur coincidentally with an anemia but not due to the anemia. ...Read more
It happens: Aplastic anemias due to meds can self-heal when they're withdrawn. Those due to autoimmunity can be treated by immunomodulators. A marrow / stem cell transplant may save you. It may be manageable by today's biotech products. Keep educating yourself about your individual case -- it may be very helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for someone to have leukemia and not anemia?
- Is it normal for someone to have spinal pain?
- Is it normal for someone to have abdominal distension?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone have a heart attack even if bmp is normal?
- Is it normal for someone to have trouble breathing when it is cold outside?
- Can someone die from anemia?
- Anemia normal iron levels
- Talk to a hematologist online for free