Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For Only One Testicle To Descend But Not The Other
The testicles are the two oval male gonads, or reproductive glands, located in the scrotum. The seminiferous tubules of the testis are the site of spermatogenesis and its leydig cells secrete testosterone. The term testicles is synonymous with testes or gonads. The singular form is ...Read more
I feel like there's fluid around my right testicle and it looks bigger than my left one is it normal ?
Right testicle 2.4 inch in length but left maybe 2.1 inch in length is that normal ? And left one takes pointy position when shrunk but right normal
Testes: It is not uncommon to have a size discrepancy. The real question is whether one is too small or too large. I would be more concerned if this was a relatively new finding rather than the way you've always been. Get examined just to be sure the larger tesits is not cancerous. ...Read more
Yes: Right usually higher. Hence the chinese name for testicles: huanghunghi-huanghunglo. ...Read more
Duration: Not necessarily unless this just occurred and is associated with other symptoms such as pain or tenderness of the testicle. Knowing your age would also be helpful. It could be a hydrocoele, or inflammation of the testicle (orchitis), hernia, or worst-case testicular cancer. If this has been a long term static condition then relax and have your doctor take a look sometime, . ...Read more
Left testicle doesn't feel as "smooth" and round like the right one. It feels like its bigger and has other things around it. Is this normal?
Evaluated...: If this is a relatively new finding for you then it would be wise to have your doctor examine you, and if necessary request a simple, non-painful, non-invasive testicular ultrasound. There could be a number of benign causes. You may simply be feeling the epididymis. Keep in mind our bodys' aren't perfectly symmetrical. Have your doctor take a look to be safe. ...Read more
Usually normal.: No problem provided higher testis is beyond neck of scrotum ;/or does not feel uncomfortable. Left is usually the lower testicle if one is lower than the other. One of my old professors said it was because most men are right-handed and would not have to reach as far for the right testis. ...Read more
Yes: Expect this.If testicle is irregular; that is a different story.You are (at 34) beyond "high risk" for testicular disease but your dr can help assuage your fears. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for your nipples to hurt after not wearing a bra for just one day?
- Is it normal to have one leg longer than the other?
- Is it normal for a women to have butt hair not peach fuze but not like man hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for only one of my breasts to hurt while they are developing?
- Is it normal for the baby not to appear on an ultrasound in early pregnancy?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- Talk to a urologist online for free