Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For Newborn To Twitch When Sleeping
Yes: Babies will twitch while in the rem (rapid eye movement) phase of sleep. Babies may also flutter their eyes beneath their eyelids or seem to startle during sleep. Twitching of the face or jerking of the arms and legs during sleep is something the baby will grow out of. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably benign: Most normal people have had "sleep starts", a sudden jerk of the body, when falling asleep, or when aroused. This is worse when sleep deprived. Repeated movements of the legs is periodic leg movements of sleep, a variation of restless legs syndrome. This can make the legs and feet twitch hundreds of times in the night; it can be easily treated by prescription medication. ...Read more
Sometimes: Babies sometimes have muscle twiches that mean nothing. However if they are repetitive ; occur frequently-you should have your dr check it out. Good signs are if the infant is otherwise behaving normally. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my baby to twitch in his sleep?
- Is it normal for babies to twitch in their sleep?
- Is it normal for my newborn to sleep more then 6 hours without eating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my vision to be blurry when i wear contacts?
- Is it normal for my eyes to feel itchy when waking up in the morning?
- Is it normal for my baby to cough when crying?
- Is it normal for my eyes to be itchy when i cry?
- Talk to a pediatrician online