Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My Newborn To Sleep More Then 6 Hours Without Eating
My newborn is always asleep and i have to wake him up to feed him, he barely eat, he's not sick and he is 11 days old now. is this normal for his age?
Weight gain: Please check the baby's weight. His weight should not be less than what he weighed at birth. Monitor the weight weekly to ensure that he is gaining weight. You should consult your doctor if he does not gain weight. In any case he should be checked in the well baby clinic at regular intervals. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it normal for a newborns white of eye to be grayish yellow like. And for him to sleep so much. He is only awake for a total of 3 hours a day?
My 9 month old has fever no vomiting her poop is very soft like a newborn she is sleeping a lot during the day n not eating as much is this normal?
Is it ok for my newborn to go 4hrs witjout eating if she is sleeping. She is 3 weeks. She eats well but sometimes is just not ready. Do I wake her?
16-22 hours: Newborns sleep a lot, but not for long stretches at a time. Newborns need to eat every 3 hours or so (and sometimes more frequently) so between eating, changing their diapers and putting them down it doesn't allow for a long continuous stretch of sleep. By 3 months most babies can go 6 hours (at night) and some may even sleep through the night by 4 months! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been so sleep deprived due to my newborn waking up every 3hours. When do babies sleep for longer hours?
Crib is ok: A crib is fine. It must meet safety standards so be careful of used cribs avoiding any built in the 1970's or earlier. Those have crib spindles/slats that are too widely spaced and may have lead paint. Also check for any mfg recalls. No bumpers, pillows, toys should be in the crib. A blanket snuggly swaddled around baby is fine but no other blankets. Check at www.Aap.Org for all crib safety tips. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my baby to sleep without closing her eyes?
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- Is it normal for my baby to twitch in his sleep?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my arms to get numb while i am sleeping?
- Is it normal for newborn to twitch when sleeping?
- Is it normal for my baby to eat more at night than during the day?
- Is it normal for around my newborns butt hole to get red?
- Talk to a pediatrician online