Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My Eyes To Get Watery When I Make Eye Contact
Yes: Your 1 month old can see clearly a foot or so and will gaze into your eyes for a time before deflecting.It is as if they fill up with the vision and must look away for a period before they can look back. Their ability to hold a gaze will gradually increase over time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dry eye: Your description sounds like dry eye. Initial treatment is frequent artificial tears during the day, ountment at night, warm compresses a few times a day, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no improvement, you should see an eye doctor for further evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Completely variable: It depends completely on the culture. Consider that you may be meeting an asian emperor in the forbidden city - you do not make eye contact until you are spoken to. Because you live in washington, usa, i would consider eye contact normal - especially with 2 white people, for instance. Eye contact shows you are listening and engaged. You can judge the other person's emotions by looking at them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I find it really hard to keep eye contact and find in a conversation I end up looking away from them for most of it is this normal?
Common: There is a kind of intimacy from direct gaze and it is normal to avert the glance at times. If you completely look away this might be interpreted as a lack of attention. ...Read more
Is "avoiding eye contact" a sure sign of autism? Or could it be a normal thing for 1.5 years child?
Could be normal: As they say, there are no "pathognomic signs" -- nothing which definitively establishes that a person has this or that disorder. So it could be normal; it could be not normal but not autism; or it could conceivably be autism. However, it would be unwise to be concerned that avoiding eye contact alone, as an isolated feature, points to autism, when it may be, as you suggest, nothing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my eyes to be bloodshot when wearing contact lenses?
- Is it normal for my contacts to make me look like i have a lazy eye?
- Is it normal for my feet to hurt when i get off the plane?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my eyes to feel itchy when waking up in the morning?
- Is it normal for my spine to show when i lean forward or am i too skinny?
- Is it normal for my feet to turn purple when i sit?
- Is this normal that my eyes turn red when i wear my contact lenses for too long?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free