Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My Eyes To Be Bloodshot When Wearing Contact Lenses
After 30 min of flying, I get dry, bloodshot eyes. Don't wear contact lenses on flight. I use refresh dry eye drops but the redness stays. Any ideas?
Dry air: Most airline cabins are pressurized to feel as if they're about 8000 feet in altitude. As such, the air is very, very dry. Keep using your drops, and consider closing your eyes (maybe using a sleep mask) and sleeping while you listen to some music. There is a moistening ointment, I believe, which might last longer than the drops while you're flying. ...Read more
My right eye has been red and bloodshot for 2 days. There is no pus and my other eye is fine. It may have been caused by a contact lens?
Large pupils: If someone has very large pupils, they may have symptoms from wearing contact lenses, but mostly at night when the pupil dilation is maximal. Soft contact lenses have very large optical zones, so it is hard to imagine that this would actually prevent you from being able to wear them. Rigid lenses, like gas permeable lenses, are much smaller can more problematic with large pupils. ...Read more
It happens: Irritation is not "normal", but can result from the eye being unused to having a foreign body (the contact lens) in it! dry eye can make irritation more likely as can overwear during the initial period of use. Redness is a "red flag"! don't continue to wear the lenses without first checking with your eye are provider! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Contact lenses: It may not be "normal" but it sure is common. Contact lenses can irritate the eyes due to dryness, allergy or poor material or fit. Sometimes contact lens intolerance can develop. It is important to have the underlying condition treated(allergy etc.) and to be sure that the fit, material and handling are all optimized and to minimize use time if possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is this normal that my eyes turn red when i wear my contact lenses for too long?
- My bff is wearing contact lenses with chalazion what's that
- Over wearing contact lenses
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it common to not see clearly when you first start wearing contact lenses?
- Is it ok to see halos around lights when wearing contact lenses?
- Is it normal for my eyes to get watery when i make eye contact?
- Bloodshot eyes after wearing contacts
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free