Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My Eyes To Be Bloodshot When Wearing Contact Lenses
After 30 min of flying, I get dry, bloodshot eyes. Don't wear contact lenses on flight. I use refresh dry eye drops but the redness stays. Any ideas?
Dry air: Most airline cabins are pressurized to feel as if they're about 8000 feet in altitude. As such, the air is very, very dry. Keep using your drops, and consider closing your eyes (maybe using a sleep mask) and sleeping while you listen to some music. There is a moistening ointment, I believe, which might last longer than the drops while you're flying. ...Read more
My right eye has been red and bloodshot for 2 days. There is no pus and my other eye is fine. It may have been caused by a contact lens?
Contact lenses: It may not be "normal" but it sure is common. Contact lenses can irritate the eyes due to dryness, allergy or poor material or fit. Sometimes contact lens intolerance can develop. It is important to have the underlying condition treated(allergy etc.) and to be sure that the fit, material and handling are all optimized and to minimize use time if possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I tend to open my eyes wide when wearing contact lenses, which causes some eye fatigue. Is this normal? Should I consciously close up my eyelids a bit as if I am wearing glasses?
It is common: to open your eyes wider while wearing contact lenses, especially while getting use to them. If your eyes are becoming fatigued while wearing contact lens, you should decrease the amount of time that you are wearing them, in order to allow your eyes to adapt. Try wearing the contacts for only 4 hours/day for a few days, if your eyes do not feel fatigued, gradually increase the number of hours/day ...Read more
Large pupils: If someone has very large pupils, they may have symptoms from wearing contact lenses, but mostly at night when the pupil dilation is maximal. Soft contact lenses have very large optical zones, so it is hard to imagine that this would actually prevent you from being able to wear them. Rigid lenses, like gas permeable lenses, are much smaller can more problematic with large pupils. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my eyes to get watery when i make eye contact?
- Is it normal for my vision to be blurry when i wear contacts?
- Is it normal after cataract surgery for my eyes to be tired?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is this normal that my eyes turn red when i wear my contact lenses for too long?
- Is it normal for my fingers to be numb when i am 8 months pregnant?
- Is it normal for the skin around my eyes to be itchy?
- Is it normal for my eyes to be itchy at a gas station?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free