Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My Contacts To Make Me Look Like I Have A Lazy Eye
It can be: Many cases of amblyopia are due to differences in refraction between the eyes or grossly out of focus eyes. Sometimes, it is caused by farsightedness and a common complaint is variable focus. Getting a careful refraction for glasses can go a long ways towards comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: There might be some improvement if you are hyperopic (need + (plus) lenses) in which case correction with the proper glasses or contacts could move the drifting eye outwards to match the other eye better. If you do not need glasses or need - (minus) lenses, this will not work. Check with your ophthalmologist to see if you are a candidate. ...Read more
Yes but not at your: Age. The sooner the treatment starts the better the results. If completely treated by age 4 ; eyes are straight then you develop 3d vision ; may become completely normal. 4-9 years of age is still golden for treatment of amblyopia. Recently there have been studies that show lazy eyes are treatable till age 18. Although the gain may be less ; less but there is permanent gain up to that age. ...Read more
Depends on variables: Amblyopia (lazy eye) is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long (adults or kids over 8), normal function is unlikely with any treatment. ...Read more
Rx May help: Ambliopia is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long, the brain ignores the fix & surgery is simply cosmetic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my eyes to get watery when i make eye contact?
- Is it normal for my operated lazy eye to look lazy only in the mirror?
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a stomach ulcer is it safe for me to fly on a transcontinental flight
- Is it normal for a women to have butt hair not peach fuze but not like man hair?
- Is it safe to wear only one contact lens if i have a lazy eye?
- I have to make a conscious effort to swallow my spit is this normal
- Talk to a pediatrician online