Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For My 8yo To Begin Showing Pubic Hair
Is it normal for 8 year old (almost 9) son to have pubic hair near his penis? It's not thick and coarse but fine and dark.
Lots of factors: Puberty is measured in males by more than pubic hair. Testicular & phallic size, muscle mass, facial & abdominal hair all are signs of a maturing male. Your genetics also play a powerful role in when you go through puberty & how fast you do it. Genes also determine how hirsute (hairy) you will be. Remember, men can grow, not only in size, but in secondary sex characteristics, until 21 yo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variability: We are all different which includes or hair growth patterns. ...Read more
How much pubic hair is normal in girls? I seem to have a lot :) where is it normal for it to grow? Mine seems to be everywhere down there!
Early puberty: Puberty seems to be occurring earlier than in the past. Some children develop body odor in elementary school and it is not uncommon to see some pubic hair at 11. Monitor closely for rapid progression. If this occurs , consult your pediatrician to see if intervention is warranted. ...Read more
Why can't I shave my pubic hair?! I'm a female and when I shave and the hair starts to grow it itches like crazy! Is it normal? I've been struggling..
That may be a sign: May be a sign from beyond. A sign that there is no real need nor any mandate to shave pubic hair. The more people who shave their pubic hair, the more pressure there will be upon other people to also shave their pubic hair (and lead to more cases of ingrown hairs and itchy pubises). Since there is nothing inherently abnormal about pubic hair, there is no reason to shave it off. It's just fashion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my baby to have pubic hair?
- Is it normal for my hair to fall out after giving birth?
- Is it normal for my newborn to be losing hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- Is it normal for only one side of my uterus to bleed?
- Is it normal for me to be wet all the time on my vaginal area it drives me crazy?
- Is it normal for my fingers to feel numb after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Talk to a pediatrician online