Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For Fetus To Get The Hiccups Almost Everyday
A hiccup is an unintentional movement (spasm) of the diaphragm, the muscle at the base of the lungs. The spasm is followed by quick closing of the vocal cords, which produces a distinctive sound. Hiccups often start for no apparent reason and usually disappear after a few minutes. Rarely, hiccups can last for days, weeks, or months. Hiccups are common and normal ...Read more
Is it normal for a 23 week old fetus to constantly have hiccups? If so what causes it? And is it harmful to the fetus?
How many hiccups episodes are normal for a 36 weeks fetus? My girl has 2-3 episodes per day and they're somewhat long. I'm worried about UCA.
?UCA : Hiccups are thought to represent electrical activity circulating in the babies diaphragm triggered by its close proximity to the stomach. It is normal and not associated with any birth defect or problem I am aware of. It varies among pregnant women and most who have it prior to birth will do it for a few months after. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pretty much all: Not a rarity or abnormality. Just the baby doing it's thing. No worries. ...Read more
While your unborn has fetal hiccups is it normal for him to move aswell , like to kick or roll over or turn ?
Yes: That is completely normalGet a more detailed answer ›
Is it normal to have fetal hiccups for 2 hours straight non stop at 32 weeks pregnant? Is this a sign of fetal stress?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of headaches every day
- Is it normal to get discharge everyday?
- Can fetus hiccup womb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you cry a lot almost everyday for someone?
- Is it normal for a woman to discharge everyday?
- Is it normal for girls to discharge everyday?
- Is it normal for a newborn not to poop everyday?
- Talk to a perinatologist online for free