Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For Fetal Movement To Be Sporadic At 20 Weeks
20 weeks and fetal movement has stopped. Cramping and light headed with bad cough. Should i see a doctor or wait?
See a doctor now: You should call you obstetrician or go to the er now. ...Read more
Is it normal for fetal movement to be more mellow after days of extreme fetal movement? I'm 27 week and 4 days.
Yes and no: Your fetus's activity pattern will vary hour to hour and day to day - much like anyone's activity. Of course, the absence of fetal movement is very worrisome. A decrease in usual fetal activity day after day can indicate that your baby is having some significant problems. This should be evaluated by your caregiver immediately. In general, if your baby moves more than ten times/hr it is doing well. ...Read more
Variable: Each fetus is different. Your will monitor the growth of your fetus using ultrasound and measure various growth parameters- length of the femur, size of the head from ear to ear, chest size, HR variability. Also compare these numbers to previously derived standards. Just like child growth curves. ...Read more
No: The perception of decreased fetal movement needs investigation. The most common method to evaluate fetal well being is the biophysical profile which is an ultrasould test that evaluates fetal breathing, fine motions, gross motions and amniotic fluid volume. A non-stress test is done which evaluates the babies heartrate pattern. Two points are awarded for each item and 8/10 or 10/10 is reassuring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it normal to have extremely painful fetal movement at 37 weeks? About 90% of his movements make me stop in my tracks.
Do a sonogram: make sure there is no problem with uterine wall ...Read more
1. Is it normal to feel LOTS of fetal movement at 32 weeks I can't pinpoint what's triggering movement. 2. Can movement cause BH contractions?
Is fetal movement of baby with any 'problem/defect' like down syndrome, the same as a normal growing fetus?
Depends on the : Degree of low muscle tone ( hypotonia) that is present in a fetus with down syndrome ; the size (smallness for gestational age) of the fetus. Some mothers of infants with ds say they felt less fetal movement than from their non-ds fetuses; others say their fetus with ds was a good " kicker." there is a range of hypotonia in infants with ds, just as there is a range of cognitive ability. ...Read more
Is cervix pain normal at 34 wks? I'm already 1cm dilated as of July 10. Also increased fetal movement. It's practically non-stop at this point.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for a teenage girl to masterbate at least once a week?
- Is it normal to be in pain for weeks after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to be showing at 9 weeks pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- Is it normal for me to be wet all the time on my vaginal area it drives me crazy?
- Is it normal for hemoglobin level to drop again 2 weeks after blood transfusion?
- Is it normal for my vision to be blurry when i wear contacts?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online