Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For Babies To Hiccup A Lot
Yes: Hiccuping is very normal for newborns and you can expect the frequency to decrease by the time they are a couple months old. Generally the hiccups do not bother your baby and they are not dangerous or causing any damage to your baby. Sometimes feeding or burping your baby can help them go away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A hiccup is an unintentional movement (spasm) of the diaphragm, the muscle at the base of the lungs. The spasm is followed by quick closing of the vocal cords, which produces a distinctive sound. Hiccups often start for no apparent reason and usually disappear after a few minutes. Rarely, hiccups can last for days, weeks, or months. Hiccups are common and normal ...Read more
Is it normal for babies to hiccup a lot in the womb? My baby does it a lot i'm 33 weeks and all my prenatal stuff was ok and his heart rate was 140s
Yes that can happen: And hopefully the cnadian system will allow u to have another us 34-36 weeks that is an important one cause it gives an est fetal wt , checks the fluid and position of the baby , all of my obs always get one at that time. ...Read more
Yes: Babies normally do seem to hiccup more often than older children do. If the hiccuping is too much, say more than 20 minutes a day for more than 2-3 days a week, the parent should talk to the doctor to see if there is a medical reason for the hiccuping. If a normal baby has a few minutes of hiccuping every couple of days, that is likely normal behavior, and will decrease as the baby gets older. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My baby 17 weeks, i noticed that when she gets the hiccups , that they are stronger and last an hour is this normal. Usually multiple times a day thx?
Common finding: This should gradually disappear as baby gets older.There is no reason to worry about something bad going on. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for a baby to sweat a lot?
- Is it normal for babies to sleep a lot?
- Is it normal for a 2 month old baby to have stiff legs at times?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my 7 week old to spit up a lot?
- Is it normal for my baby to have a bowel movement after each feeding?
- Is it normal to not feel my baby move for a day?
- Is it normal for my breasts to leak every time i hear a baby crying?
- Talk to a pediatrician online