Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal For A 6 Years Old Child To Snore
Common: The tonsils & adenoids in kids grow faster in early & middle childhood than other body parts.At 6-9 kids often snore.At this point the glandular tissue stabalizes its size but the kids continue to grow. By the mid teens the snoring has gone & relative tonsil size seems smaller, though they don't actually shrink. Snoring associated with excessive day sleeping may be a sign of sleep apnea. Ck it out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Common: The tonsils ; adenoids in kids grow faster in early ; middle childhood than other body parts.At 6-9 kids often snore.At this point the glandular tissue stabalizes its size but the kids continue to grow. By the mid teens the snoring has gone ; relative tonsil size seems smaller, though they don't actually shrink. Snoring associated with excessive day sleeping may be a sign of sleep apnea. Ck it out. ...Read more
see an ENT: Snoring by itself is not necessarily dangerous but it can be associated with obstructive sleep apnea, daytime tiredness, poor school performance, bedwetting, and other behavioral problems. You should have her evaluated by an ENT to consider what might need to be done. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My first two children have never snored. My 3rd child is 16 mo old and snores like crazy. . Is this normal?
My 1 month child is snoring, when she sleeping and even if she awake, is it normal, how to treat that snoring?
Upper or lower tract: This could be from nasal congestion, which can occur in infants more easily because their nasal passages are so small. Is she coughing? Does she have a fever? Is she nursing well or bottle feeding well? This could also be from a problem lower down in the respiratory tract, such as her trachea. You should have her pediatrician examine her to determine the cause. ...Read more
Yes: Snoring is abnormal and the source of the snoring should be investigated. Snoring is often a sign of upper airway obstruction (partial). The source could be from enlarged tonsils and/or adenoids and can be from nasal congestion. Talk with your pediatrician, i'm sure they can help decide what is best to do for it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for a 6 year old girl to have breast lumps?
- Is it normal for a five year old child to be aware of their heart beating?
- Is it normal to have a heart attack if you are 23 years old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for a 20 year old woman to sleep an average of 10 hours a day?
- Is it normal for a 2 month old baby to have stiff legs at times?
- Is it normal for my 7 week old to spit up a lot?
- Is it normal for my 2yr old son to snore loudly when he sleeps and naps?
- Talk to a pediatrician online