Doctor insights on:
Is It Necessary To Go To Er For A Possible Broken Rib
Broken rib: It depends on whether the rib is broken in just one place or multiple, and whether adjacent ribs are injured as well. The range of therapy is from anti inflammatory and pain medications to wrapping, to intercostal block for pain, and least likely, surgical intervention for stabilization. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My husband went to ER for severe pain in his back; developed overnight. Diagnosis from Chest X-Ray is "Fracture of 6th posterior right rib laterally with callus formation which may represent subacute rib fracture. Mild blunting of the right costophrenic
More info. needed .: . . . Hard to help without additional info. Callous formation implies healing. The real question is the cause, correct? Rib fractures rarely occur spontaneously (i.e. without a reason). If you are certain that there was no trauma involved, it is very important that your husband contact his doctor to be evaluated for the cause. I hope this helps. Best of luck. ...Read more
Taking meloxicam for a possible broken rib from coughing. Cough is mostly better now. 2+ hrs after pill, no pain relief whatsoever. What should I do?
Mrtrcycle accident going<30mph i came down on lt side.Dr. Sd no broken rib.It's been 2wks and i still have a pinpoint pain high on rib area.Misplaced?
Im 35 weeks, i was wondering if its possible to have a broken rib from my naby kickkng my ribs so hard?
Is there any reason to go to the hospital if i think I have a bad bruise or a possible rib fracture ?
Yes: Yes, if you note shortness of breath, severe chest pain, productive cough (especially if coughing up anything that has any blood streaks in it) or if you feel a "crunchiness" to the skin overlying the possible area of rib fracture. These signs would suggest complications. Otherwise, not necessary to go to the hospital since there is very little that can be done for a fractured or bruised rib. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for a fractured rib not to heal after a year?
- Is it possible to lose enough weight for a fatty liver to go back to normal?
- Is it possible for a uti to go away on its own?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a contact lens to go around back of eyeball?
- Is it possible for a rib injury to cause pericarditis?
- Is it possible to go on a 500 calorie a day diet for a short time?
- Is it possible for a virgin to have pid?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free