Doctor insights on:
Is It Harmful To Have An Extra Dose Of Hepatitis A Vaccine
Is it harmful to have an extra dose of hepatitis a vaccine or to repeat the entire hepatitis a vaccine series?
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Should get one: Hepatitis a is endemic (routinely found) in asia. Transmitted by bad food, water-fecal/oral route. Can cause jaundice, fatigue; 1% mortality rate from acute liver failure; does not cause chronic liver disease. Vaccine takes 2 weeks to kick in; 2 shots for long-term immunity; 1st shot will get you through the trip. Worth doing it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hepatitis A: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/contacts-state.html http://www.Cdc.Gov/hepatitis/a/afaq.Htm.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: The hepatitis a vaccine is given as a series of 2 injections over 6 months. Once it is given, a lab test can be performed to establish if it was successful. Once the blood test shows the presence of hepatitis a antibody in your blood you are immune from contracting hepatitis a only. There is also a vaccine available for hepatitis b but there is no vaccine available for hepatitis c. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
U boost immunity: The vaccine is a simple one with no significant problems if taken more than the recommended schedule.It is generally given as a series of 2 doses at least 6 months apart. If you get another later on it would likely just boost your antibody level to hep a. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a problem to have a lot of pubic hair?
- Is it harmful to accidentally swallow a piece of my top denture?
- Is it okay to take amitriptyline with a low dose of tramadol for pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a lot of gas after a tummy tuck?
- How safe is it to have a gold crown sitting next to an amalgam filling?
- Is it normal for a woman to squirt while having an orgasm?
- Is it normal to have a large bump on the site of the allergy injection?
- Talk to a pediatrician online