Doctor insights on:
Is It Harmful To Chew Tobacco Around A Child
In many ways: Chewing tobacco is harmful in so many ways i can't even begin. First of all it is carcinogenic and absorption of the chemicals into your bloodstream can harm the fetus directly in terms of growth. The nicotine is also extremely harmful to you in the pregnancy and your fetus. If you are pregnant and chew tobacco you are risking your health and your babies. ...Read more
Using e-cigarettes to get over chewing tobacco habit--are there any known health risks for e-cigs? Is nicotine in itself harmful to the brai
Not good: E-cigs are not regulated, and some have been found to contain carcinogens and toxins (such as formaldehyde) when tested. Many are produced overseas and are an unknown risk to your health. That being said cigarettes are not good either. I would advise seeing a doctor to try a medication like chantix. The body contains nicotine receptors, and should not be harmful to the brain. ...Read more
Tobacco = cancer: Tobacco is a potent carcinogen. Any form of tobacco exposure increases your risk for cancer. There is no good reason to use tobacco on your body for any reason. People have been known to use tobacco to kill insects in the garden. Not a good thing to put in your mouth! yet people use it too calm their nerves, or because they are addicted to tobacco. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: opinion is that is not healthy to chew tobacco. ...Read more
Quitting is best: If you use tobacco in any form you run the risk of developing all kinds of medical problems including cancer, heart disease, bad skin, etc. The number one thing you can do for your health is to quit. Your doctor can help you quit with medical therapy, quitting advice, or nicotine replacement (patch/gum). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am pregnant is it bad to be around a child who is diagnosed with scarlet fever
- Is it harmful for a child to use a pacifier?
- Is it bad to chew tobacco once in a while?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have any bruising color around a ringworm spot on the arm?
- Is it harmful to accidentally swallow a piece of my top denture?
- Is hsp caused by some contagious virus is it safe to be around an hsp child?
- Is it normal for a 6 years old child to snore?
- Talk to a pediatrician online