Doctor insights on:
Is It Harmful To Accidentally Swallow A Piece Of My Top Denture
Foreign body ingestion describes the act of swallowing an undigestible object such as a penny or small plastic toy. If the object is non toxic and small enough it may pass through the system without causing problems. Other times the object may be composed of harmful materials or so large or sharp that it may pose a significant health risk. In this case surgery or endoscopic intervention may be necessary. Additionally, some harmless objects may be surgically removed if they fail to ...Read more
If it's lit.: Burn hazard aside, the nicotine contained in a single cigarette is not dangerous to an adult. The same cannot be said for infants and toddlers- 2mg (the amount if nicotine that could be found in a cigarette) can be lethal to a 2 year old. Keep your smokes away from your kids. ...Read more
I accidentally swallowed a porcelain denture jacket tooth while eating banana, is it dangerous?Will it pass when i move my bowel?
I broke a tooth on my upper denture and accidentally swallowed it. I tried to induce vomiting but wasn't able to. Having diverticuli, should I be concerned about it perferating?
Just for reference, do you get sick if you accidentally swallow a piece of thread? What most likely will happened to you?
Nothing: Most likely no effectGet a more detailed answer ›
Just for reference, do you get sick if you accidentally swallow a piece of thread? What most likely will happened to you? Please help. Am I in danger?
Can you accidentally swallow a piece of dust or hair? I always get a feeling that there is dust in the back of my throat or tongue.
Rarely: Better prognosis if you are sure it was swallowed (stomach) and not aspirated (lungs). Remotely possible that the eraser could "get stuck" along the digestive tract, but otherwise it will probably pass through or be digested by natural acids. No, it won't erase a stomach ache, and i wonder who the "one" is who swallowed an eraser? Ha ha, i couldn't resist! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sciatica pain in the thighs
- My 2 year old has a rash on top of arms and around her genitals what is it
- Is it possible to drain a blood blister without breaking the top layer of skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Theres a piece of skin hanging by my tonsil what is it
- Is it harmful to have an extra dose of hepatitis a vaccine?
- Is it a good idea to take time off of work after my hand surgery?
- What is the function of a gallbladder and is it related to my bladder?
- Talk to a dentist online for free