Doctor insights on:
Ketones In The Urine
Yes: Ketones are a breakdown product of fats and an indicator that your body isn't get the glucose it needs to function at it's best. Ketones cause your body to go into starvation mode and conserve calories. They can also make you feel nauseated and lethargic. Ketones can also be a marker of diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
If ever i skip a meal i notice I have many ketones in my urine but when i eat its typically small or neg. Why is this?
I have Crohn's disease...Lately i've been craving sweets. I am not diabetic, but had ketones in my urine yesterday. What could cause this?
Recently had blood work and a urine analysis. My bun was 5 in my blood work. Also there were ketones in my urine which also read 5. Is it a concern?
I've got a uti, but I've been excessively thirsty, could a uti be the cause? I had a small amount of ketones in my urine.
UTI: If you are not seeing a doctor because of your UTI you must do so. If you have already seen your doctor and are not getting better you must contact her/him. ...Read more
Please, why do i keep having ketones in my urine analysis? Im not anorexic overweight or diabetic 66in 54kg
Biproduct: Ketones are the waste byproducts of fat metabolism. There are many reasons why this might be happening ... It's hard to narrow down without more information, though. Here's an article with some more info. Hope that helps! http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003585.htm ...Read more
My gp said I have a high trace of ketones in my urine due to prolonged starvation from use of laxatives. How can this be treated?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have blood in my urine after having a prostate biopsy?
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Is it normal to have clear fluid leaking from my vagina in the third trimester?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have swelling in my fingers after carpal tunnel release surgery?
- Is it normal to have blood in urine 2 weeks after prostate biopsy?
- Just had a colostomy reversal is it normal to have soreness in my intestines
- Is it dangerous to have blood clots in your eye?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free