Doctor insights on:
Is It Dangerous To Get My Cervix Cauterized
Depends: If this was done for mild precancer of the cervix, i would suggest waiting until you've had a follow-up pap before trying to get pregnant. This should be done anywhere from 3-6 mos after your treatment. You want to be sure your doc got rid of all the abnormal cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Soon.: There isn't much reason to delay after having cervical cauterization. This procedure doesn't remove any tissue so the cervix just needs time to heal. This will happen anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks, depending on how much was cauterized and how deep the doctor went. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had a part of my cervix cauterize even though my pap was normal&i now I'm hearing now it wasnt necessary cause i didnt have ectropion.What will happen?
Probably just fine: Ectropion is a common cervical finding that is rarely associated with any worrisome condition. Cautery or laser treatment to the cervix is generally reserved for early abnormal changes to the cervix (such as moderate or severe dysplasia) that are discovered by biopsy if one's Pap test is abnormal. The cervix almost always heals well after cautery. Rarely pregnancy/ infertility issues can arise. ...Read more
Is leukoplakia of the cervix a transmitted disease of some sort. How does one get leukoplakia of the cervix?
Leukoplakia: Leukoplakia is just a whitish patch on the cervix visible the the eye. It can be caused by various things such as rubbing from a device in the vagina or from a viral infection with hpv. So yes, it can be sometimes caused by a transmitted disease but often it's not. A biopsy is the only way to be sure what is the cause. If pap smear is abnormal, this is the best way to figure it out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it dangerous for my child to get a vaccine if he is sick?
- Is it possible to get pregnant if his penis does not enter my vagina?
- Is it normal for my skin to get itchy and dry after a flight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to watch a movie after getting my eyes dilated?
- Is it possible to get a yeast infection in my prostate gland?
- Is it normal for my arms to get numb while i am sleeping?
- Is it normal for my eyes to get red and itchy every time the weather changes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free