Doctor insights on:
Is It Dangerous If A Sebaceous Cyst Ruptures
It it dangerous when a ruptured sebaceous cyst turns back for almost 4 times even if I have made this removed since from 3rd time happened.
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
What if a sebaceous cyst ruptures inside the body? The cyst is soft but very painful- is it dangerous? Dr. put me on Bactrim 5 days ago. still painful
Sebaceous cyst: A sebaceous cyst is contained in the skin. If it ruptures and is infected it may get worse The only way to completely get rid of it it needs to be completely excised. As a rule they are painful and a nuisance but not dangerous ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Have it excised: If truly a sebaceous cyst, it will follow a vicious cycle of filling with sebum, becoming infected, draining, then starting over. If infected now, may require incision and drainage by doctor. Once healed, have sac removed to prevent recurrence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a sebaceous cyst rupture on my arm. Should i squeeze out what i can? Or simple leave it alone?
Warm compress: Applying a warm moist compress, a warm washcloth, to the area a few times a day can help your body expel any remaining debris. It should clear in a few days. If not, or if it becomes more swollen, red or painful, seek medical care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've had a painful sebaceous cyst inside my armpit for 3 months now. It just recently ruptured & draining nonstop for 4 days straight, what can I do?
Let it stabilize: I'm sorry it ruptured. The keratin and/or sebum in the cyst promotes bacterial overgrowth and greatly interferes with healing. You should get with your physician now for possible antibiotic treatment; you may need surgery when things settle down. ...Read more
Yes: Should heal uneventfully. Look for redness/infection and if so seek md care. If you do not get it excised it will likely recur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes!!: This can happen but world require some type of pressure or manipulation typically. These types of cysts grow slowly and are usually removed surgically. ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it dangerous if an ovarian cyst ruptures?
- Is it dangerous if a mole bleeds?
- Is it dangerous to eat moldy bread if you have a penicillin allergy?
- How dangerous is it to drink a beer or so if i take sleeping pills?
- If you have a sebaceous cyst what would your doctor do for it
- If i have a cough is it dangerous to have surgery
- Is it okay to burst a sebaceous cyst?
- Can i tell if a rash is dangerous by looking at it?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free