Doctor insights on:
Is It Bad To Hold Your Breath When Pregnant
Pregnant with a really bad stuffy nose. very tired and just want to sleep. I read an article saying if you hold your breath for 30 sec your nose should clear up some. Is this bad for the baby?
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Is holding your breath while pregnant bad for the baby? I've been straining to poop because i'm constipated, and noticed I hold my breath. Is this bad
Unlikely: If you hold your breath too long, you'll pass out. Once unconscious, your body automatically starts breathing again. (that's why we pediatricians are never excited by breath holding spells in toddlers.) if you're not passing out while having a bowel movement, it's unlikely that your baby is suffering any ill effects. Talk to your OB about the constipation-no need to suffer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pregnant 6 mnths. Had a bad nightmare and woke up in sweats and out of breath for about 10 mins. Can this affect my baby?
Can I hold my breath during pregnancy? Can't stand a lot of smells so I hold my breath while cleaning or around paint. Have I caused damage to baby
Yes: Even if you try, you can't hold your breath forever. Baby will be fine. Avoid the paint or strong odors. Kiss: keep it simple smart. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is holding your breath bad when pregnant?
- Is it bad to bleed when your pregnant?
- How to hold your breath longer while swimming?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is holding your breath bad?
- S holding your breath while pregnant bad for the baby
- Wet your whistle for bad breath
- Is holding your breath bad in pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online