Doctor insights on:
Is It Advisable To Go The Gym When Sick Ie Like If I Have A Flu
Always get a flu (cough, cold, sore throat, yellow phlegm) within a week after exercise. A 1 hour gym class and I'm sick. How to prevent this pls?
Exercise/infection: There is some evidence that parameters of immune function can be slightly diminished with intense exercise but this is more than balanced by the beneficial effects of exercise. The probability here is that you are being exposed to classmates with infections that are transmitted to you, and not that your immune system is being compromised. ...Read more
If you have Flu: Hydrate well w water, herbal teas, soup or juice. Drink sufficiently to have pale to light yellow urine. You can use pain relievers like tylenol or nsaid’s. Rest a lot! in some situations antiviral medications (tamiflu, relenza, flumadine) may be prescribed w/n first couple of days of sx’s to hasten healing or they can be used after flu exposure to prevent illness. ...Read more
Can there be sonwthing wrong with me I got a flu shot three mknths ago and havr been sick like 5 times sin, e then with fever runny nose and cough ?
Yes: Yes, there can be something wrong, but i would be very careful about blaming it on the flu shot. You may have many underlying issues that need to be examined as to the cause for your recurring and prolonged illnesses. Go see your pcp and get a thorough exam and any treatment needed. Is your lifestyle good? Good sleep, nurtrition, diet, exercise, stress freedom, vitamins, exposures? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm sick with flu or flu-like illness, including sore throat. Today I noticed very bloody thick post nasal drip. I don't have sinus pain. What is this?
Can you tell me if it ain't broke, don't fix it - why should I get a flu shot if i never get sick?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to have a breast reduction if i suffer from lymphedema in the leg?
- Is it all right to give a child ice cream when they have the stomach flu?
- Body aches and the flu
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i go to the emergency room if i suspect i have a blood clot
- Is it unhealthy to have occasional bubbles in my urine when i pee in the morning?
- Is it safe to wear only one contact lens if i have a lazy eye?
- Is it safe to go into a hot tub if you have sciatica?
- When i go to the toilet to have a poo it hurts