Doctor insights on:
Is It A Problem To Take Vicodin With Antiviral Drugs
Taking for what?: You should always be talking to the prescriber, and it depends on what kind of anti-viral drug. Are we talking Acyclovir or valcyclovir for herpes, or drugs for hepatitis c, or for hiv? Different anti-viral drugs have differing drug interactions. In general, hydrocodone does not have many drug interactions. If it is prescribed, talk to prescriber. If you don't have prescription, don't take it! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was diagnosed with HIV last month. I will start antiviral drugs today. Is it be ok if i take spirulina with the drugs? Thanks in advance.
Sure: Don't expect any benefit. Spirulina is an old health fraud. I am very glad you are getting treated for your HIV infection. If you are interested in complementary therapies, find an evidence-based holistic physician in your community. He/she won't recommend spirulina. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the drug: Some antivirals have methods of action that are very specific for a viral enzyme or protein and not people. Many, however, have effects that also cause toxicity in mammalian cells since that is where the virus replicates. Even those that are fairly specific can have side effects. As an example, some HIV drugs like azt inhibit viral reverse transcriptase that we do not have but are still toxic. ...Read more
Sometimes helpful: If you have recurrent/chronic herpes you need to begin antivirals within 72hrs of first symptoms or you may be using daily doses as prevention. So stocking up could make sense. These antivirals are related to the drug Acyclovir which is very safe. Other antivirals may not be as safe or may require monitoring. So stocking up would not be wise. Important: always check expiration dates. ...Read more
Antibiotics: Both are considered antibiotics, but antivirals treat very specific viral infections. There are fewer of these and they have no efficacy against bacterial infections. Most antibiotics are designed to kill or damage the function of bacteria and have a wider range of activity against bacterial groups. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a problem to take cod liver oil with xenical tablets?
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin with zoloft?
- Is it ok to take a b complex vitamin along with a multivitamin daily?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to take amitriptyline with a low dose of tramadol for pain?
- Is it safe to take gabapentin to relieve pain caused by a sciatic nerve problem?
- Is it safe to take mineral oil for constipation with a kidney disease?
- Is it safe to take a pm sinus med for helping with sleep while taking a zpack?
- Talk to a pediatrician online