Doctor insights on:
Is It A Good Idea To Take Time Off Of Work After My Hand Surgery
Yes: It is generally a good idea to minimize work with a hand that has been operated on. The amount of time off is highly variable and depends on the procedure being performed and the demands of the job. I would check with your local hand surgeon regarding the specifics of the surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends what surgery: If its a carpal tunnel or trigger finger release you should only need a few days, some of my patients go back to light work the day after. If it is a fracture you may need more time. Consult with your surgeon to find their specific protocol. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Roughly 1mm/day: Peripheral nerves, if cut of severely bruised/crushed, can regrow/regenerate but the rate depends greatly on the age of the patient and the presence of other medical problems. Young, healthy patients typically regenerate ~1mm/day but there is a lot of variability. A lot also depends on the severity of the injury itself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Husband had 3 seizures yesterday. Today he's having a hard time remembering things like his hand surgery last wk and customers he has. Is this normal?
Currently on hydrocodone 5mg plus acetaminophen 325mg pills for pain after hand surgery. Is it safe to take a Benadryl (diphenhydramine) a day as well?
Depends: The amount of post-operative depends entirely on what procedure is being performed. Simple surgeries such has trigger finger release or carpal tunnel release are less painful than more involved surgeries. Also, pain perception varies from patient to patient. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Time off work after carpal tunnel surgery
- Is it a good idea to get surgery to heal my broken left hand?
- How can i take time off work to recover from cosmetic surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Good breakfast ideas for after gastric bypass surgery
- Return to work time after carpal tunnel surgery
- How long will i be off work after gallbladder surgery?
- How long are you off work after gallbladder surgery?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free