Doctor insights on:
Is It A Good Idea To Take Time Off Of Work After My Hand Surgery
Yes: It is generally a good idea to minimize work with a hand that has been operated on. The amount of time off is highly variable and depends on the procedure being performed and the demands of the job. I would check with your local hand surgeon regarding the specifics of the surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends what surgery: If its a carpal tunnel or trigger finger release you should only need a few days, some of my patients go back to light work the day after. If it is a fracture you may need more time. Consult with your surgeon to find their specific protocol. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Currently on hydrocodone 5mg plus acetaminophen 325mg pills for pain after hand surgery. Is it safe to take a Benadryl a day as well?
Roughly 1mm/day: Peripheral nerves, if cut of severely bruised/crushed, can regrow/regenerate but the rate depends greatly on the age of the patient and the presence of other medical problems. Young, healthy patients typically regenerate ~1mm/day but there is a lot of variability. A lot also depends on the severity of the injury itself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Husband had 3 seizures yesterday. Today he's having a hard time remembering things like his hand surgery last wk and customers he has. Is this normal?
Depends: The amount of post-operative depends entirely on what procedure is being performed. Simple surgeries such has trigger finger release or carpal tunnel release are less painful than more involved surgeries. Also, pain perception varies from patient to patient. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a good idea to get surgery to heal my broken left hand?
- I burned my hand on the oven rack is it a good idea to put ice over it
- Is it okay to have a lump forming on my hand after reconstructive surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my hand to swell after my rotator cuff surgery?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Is it okay for the skin on my hand to be peeling after having hand surgery?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free