Doctor insights on:
Is It A Common To Have The Perfusion Scan After The Angiogram Of The Heart
2 different exams: Angiogram involves injection intravenously of contrast and radiographic (x-ray imaging) of chambers of heart, coronary arteries, great vessels. Ct angiogram involves injection of contrast and cross sectional imaging of these cardiovascular structures. Myocardial perfusion scan involves injection of isotope that shows myocardium looking for perfusion defects, ischemia and infarct. ...Read more
Iv just had a stress myocardial perfusion scan to see if blood is pumping around my heart properly, are there any side affects after having this?
I'm 21 year old male and i had various ٍecgs and a heart perfusion scan + a stress test all came back normal is it enough to say my heart is good?
Glad to hear: You are being followed by your doc. Stick close to him/her. I see that you also have an anxiety disorder which means it may be difficult for you to relax and enjoy the good news of your test results. Life does not give any of us 100 % guarantee. A mental health professional can help you deal w/your anxiety and feel better. Peace and good health. ...Read more
None: There are no common side-effects from the radioisotope. There have been very rare reports of allergy. There is a theoretical, but unproven risk of the radiation inducing a cancer 10 to 20 years later. There also is a theoretical, but unproven risk of radiation myocarditis. The radiation exposure of 1 rem (about 10 msv ) has not been shown to be harmful. See http://sgoti.Ws/qmhwh7. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Only if...: Your kidney function is already abnormal. The iodine dye used can cause "contrast induced nephropathy", but usually only if you have decreased kidney function already. Increasing fluid volume before and after exposure markedly reduces the chances of this, so don't go in dehydrated, but no water for 4 hours before the scan, anything else for 6 hours before. They should give you I.V. Fluids after. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
History of family heart disease. Some mild symptoms myself,age 47. Should I do CT scan or angiogram ? Different docs say different plans. Confused!
43 yr male having heart attack symptoms since 1 yr.all tests show normal result! (Angiogram,echocardiac,Chest scan,bloodtests,brain MRI).wat can it be
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- Is it normal to have a bad taste in the mouth after tonsillectomy?
- Is it completely safe to have sex after torsion of the testis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a crackling in the skin after a breast augmentation?
- Is it normal to be nauseous the day after having a cardiac ablation?
- Is it normal to have a sore throat after radiation beam therapy to the neck?
- What is the after effect of ablation of the heart due to a palpitation?
- Talk to a cardiologist online