Doctor insights on:
Is Intersitial Lung Disease The Same Thing As Pulmonary Fibrosis
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Not much: Ild/pulm fibrosis is a progressive destruction of lung architecture resulting in progressive shortness of breath. All therapy tried to date has not provided much improvement. Oxygen and exercise while awaiting lung transplant is a current management option. The mortality of ipf is on the order of less than 5 yr after dx. ...Read more
Same: Ipf is one form of ild. It refers to disorders of the interstitium of he lung vs. Diseases that effect the bronchi, or alveolar spaces. ...Read more
I have been diagnosed with Interstitial lung disease and post inflamatory pulmonary fibrosis. o2s are 94-98% when awake and 88-89% when sleeping. should I be using oxygen when sleeping? prognosis?
Can interstitial lung disease like pulmonary fibrosis and those like pulmonary fib. Be ruled out pretty good with pulse ox, CT of lungs, and chest xra?
Is it true that the disease won't spread to the other lung if only one part has pulmonary fibrosis?
Depends on the cause: There are different causes of ild. Depending on what is the type of lung damage, there may be different treatments. You need to be seen by someone who works on ild. You are close to one of the best ild programs in the world. If you can, i would go and ask them for an opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is black lung the same thing as pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is pulmonary fibrosis the same as cystic fibrosis?
- Is degenerative joint disease the same thing as osteoarthritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a lung infection the same as pneumonia?
- Is implanon the same thing as norplant?
- Is a cold the same thing as bronchitis?
- Is a rupture the same thing as a tear of the mcl?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free