Doctor insights on:
Is Impetigo And Mrsa The Same Thing
Not necessarily.: Impetigo can be caused by either staph (or antibiotic resistant staph called mrsa) or strep. In order to make sure that MRSA is not a cause of the infection, bacterial cultures may need to be done. Mrsa can cause severe infection because most antibiotics do not work. Overuse of antibiotics is a prime cause of antibiotic resistance. So be careful, not all infections require antibiotic treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please help! I have recurrent adult impetigo, what are the chances of having mrsa? What doctor should I go see?
See a dermatologist: Mrsa is a possibility but not necessarily a definitive occurrence in anyone who has breaks in the skin. The skin and mucous membranes are our primary barrier against infection and impetigo compromises this barrier. A dermatologist will help you deal with this. Good luck. ...Read more
I went to the doctor today and was given a vague diagnosisof impetigo or MRSA on buttock. Is kissing safe?
Been to doctors they first said impetigo gave me prescription that didn't work. Blisters keep forming and spreading. Do I have mrsa?
Told i had MRSA or impetigo on my buttocks. Is it normal to feeling a lump in behind not at site and feel swollen in gland in pubic bone?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is mrsa and cellulitis the same?
- Is ibuprofen and motrin the same thing?
- Is large intestine and colon the same thing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a thyroid nodule and a goiter the same thing?
- Is cannabis and weed the same thing?
- Is acne and pimples the same thing?
- Is mthfr and lupus the same thing?
- Talk to a dermatologist online