Doctor insights on:
Is Hla B27 Testing A Very Common Procedure
Positive for hla-b27.This procedure rules out the b27:06 & 27:09 alleles which lit suggests arent associated w/ spondyloarthropathies.What this mean?
Spondyloarthritis: Hlab27 is a generic marker that is in 8% of the caucasian population. Many people with diseased called spondyloarthropathies (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and crohns/uc related arthritis) will have a positive b27, but not all those with b27 will develop issues (in fact, the vast majority don't). The larger question is are the symptoms consistent with spondyloarthropathy. ...Read more
I have IGA deficiency and get sick a lot . When sound I get my kids tested for it and yes they all have HLA-B27. ?
Not needed: It requires no cure. Hla-b27 is a marker protein present in patients with certain diseases but it is also present in healthy individuals. Having a positive hla-b27 does not diagnose any disease. It should only be run in cases where there is suspicion of a particular disease in which case it can assist in making a diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tissue type at B: Hla = human leukocyte antigen. Important in recognition of self and not self. Different proteins (antigens) for different people. B is one of the loci, and hlab27 has been associated with predisposition to immunologic rheumatologic diseases, especially ankylosing spondylitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Unless there was a lab error.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is abdominal pelvic ct scan with dye a very common procedure?
- Is hida scan a very common procedure?
- Is computed tomography angiogram cta a very common procedure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is splenectomy a very common procedure?
- Is webbed finger or toe repair a very common procedure?
- Is total hip replacement a very common procedure?
- Is testicular sperm extraction a very common procedure?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free