Doctor insights on:
Is High Blood Pressure A Cardiovascular Disease
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Trauma.: There are many theories to how elevated blood pressure leads to cvd. The most accepted theory is that of trauma and stress. Think of a fast running "high pressure" river... The banks of the river will feel more stress and accumulate more damage and irregularities over time than a slow creek. This same damage occurs to the vascular intima (or lining of our blood vessels) when exposed to high bp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some people says high blood pressure tablets brings complications like heart diseases and diabetis is that true?
Insidious: Chronic uncontrolled high blood pressure may produce no symptoms until a heart attack, stroke, heart failure, dementia, peripheral arterial disease, or kidney failure appear. Lifestyle and pharmacologic therapies are very effective in controlling the BP and the commensurate reduction in risk. See your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems with his heart, which includes both birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks, leaky heart valves, heart failure, viral infections ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is high blood pressure a side effect of azithromycin?
- Can high blood pressure make you pass out or is that a tia?
- What is a good daily menu for people with high cholesterol high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way for people with high blood pressure to help themselves?
- Is there a link with high blood pressure and eye sight?
- What is a safe and effective way to lose weight with high blood pressure?
- Is a blood pressure of 140 90 high?
- Talk to a cardiologist online