Doctor insights on:
Is Hiccups A Sign Of Pregnancy
No: Hiccups are not specifically a sign of pregnancy. The actual cause of hiccups is not known, but one theory includes stimulation or irritation of the phrenic nerve. Even early pregnancy causes changes in the body's fluid and electrolyte balances which could affect the phrenic nerve directly (or indirectly) - these normal changes could potentially cause hiccups in some pregnant women. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A hiccup is an unintentional movement (spasm) of the diaphragm, the muscle at the base of the lungs. The spasm is followed by quick closing of the vocal cords, which produces a distinctive sound. Hiccups often start for no apparent reason and usually disappear after a few minutes. Rarely, hiccups can last for days, weeks, or months. Hiccups are common and normal ...Read more
Been having bad hiccups, head aches , heart burn, bloating, slight nasea and a watery discharge . Could this be signs of pregnancy?
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hiccuping and pregnancy
- Is clear stringy discharge a sign of pregnancy?
- Is cramping in the vaginal area a sign of pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I got clear jelly like discharge is that a early sign of pregnancy
- Is pooping a lot a sign of pregnancy?
- Is clear watery discharge a sign of pregnancy?
- Is bright yellow urine a sign of pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online