Doctor insights on:
Is Heat Good For Infected Tooth
It has been roughly a month since my wisdom teeth wereremoved. I am now having swelling, tenderness, and heat in my jaw area. Is it possible that my bone is infected?
Possibly: It depends on why you need to be on antibiotics to begin with. Penicillin is usually the first choice but depending on your health history and allergies this may have been the best choice. Hopefully you are taking this because your dentist has prescribed it. Do not self medicate or use someone elses medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a crown with post on tooth 24. It is now infected. Will it be difficult to extract this tooth due to the crown and post?
Un-erupted infection: I have yet to see that happen, although theoretically it's possible. In most cases, what a patient considers an un-erupted tooth can actually become infected through a space between the gum and an adjacent erupted tooth. Dentigerous cysts can also become infected. Finally, an infection from another tooth or periodontal problem can infect an un-erupted tooth. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See a dentist: Antibiotics will only help control the infection so that a dentist can treat the tooth. Once infected, treatment is required ASAP to prevent the infection from spreading. How long would you wait to treat a broken arm or a kidney stone? These types of medical conditions require urgent care. Make the call. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it better to use ice or heat on an infected tooth?
- Is heat usually good or bad for meniscus tears?
- Is heat good for pinched nerve?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good cure for an infected hair follicle?
- Is heat or ice good for foot sprains?
- Is amoxicillin a good antibiotic for a tooth infection?
- What is the good effect and bad effect for tooth curettage?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online