Doctor insights on:
Is Heart Surgery Recuperation Considered A Disability
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
Bypass: The heart is stopped and the blood returning to the heart is instead diverted to the pump oxygenator, a machine that adds oxygen to the blood which is then pumped back into the aorta. So the surgery can be done with the heart stopped and with the blood bypassing the heart chambers. After the surgery on the heart is completed, the blood is directed back through the heart and lungs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is having open heart surgery considered a disability?
- Recuperation after gallbladder surgery
- Is otosclerosis considered a disability?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is sleep apnea considered a disability?
- What is the permanent disability for open heart surgery?
- Is venous stasis disease considered a disability?
- How can you minimize the risk of leg clotting during surgery and recuperation?
- Talk to a cardiologist online