Doctor insights on:
Is Having Open Heart Surgery Considered A Disability
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
Yes: But it has to be supervised closely with cardiologist and perinatologist. ...Read more
I have CHF and will be having open heart surgery to replace a valve, how long is recovery and will I be in a lot of pain after surgery?
Mostly 3 months: It depends on which valve, how many valves, how the surgery will be done, and your current physical condition. If you are young, doing fine and have normal kidneys, liver, and lungs, and have the surgery for one of your valves, you will recovery quickly like 5 days hospitalization and 1.5-3 months for full recovery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is heart surgery recuperation considered a disability?
- Is it safe to have a cough after heart bypass surgery?
- Can you have a baby if you once had open heart surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do some patients have altered mental status over a week past open heart surgery?
- Who is the oldest person to ever have open heart surgery
- What is the permanent disability for open heart surgery?
- Hole in the heart and open surgery will my baby have a chance of having it
- Talk to a cardiologist online