Doctor insights on:
Is Having Flat Feet Genetic
From a medical standpoint, "genetic" refers to the potential heritability of various medical conditions. While some conditions are inevitable (at some point in one's life) as a consequence of simple genetic heritability (eg huntington's disease), a large number of medical conditions (including all behaviorial health disorders) are the expressed final pathway of a ...Read more
Pain on top of left foot while walking,doctor said its flatfoot but i dun think so, bkoz flat foot is genetic i guess!only pain while walking.reason?
Pain: Pain on the top of the foot may be caused by several reasons. If no injury known then some reasons may be : tight shoes, tight muscles, joint pain, tendinitis, nerve pain, or biomechanical like flatfoot. I would ask the specialists what he means and how it contributes to your pain. If still not understood seek a second opinion. ...Read more
Genetics: Flat feet are usually just what you were born with. You can exacerbate this with poor foot wear and certain activities but generally it is a laxity of the ligaments in the foot and it is how your are. Give yourself a lift and get some inserts (arch supports) and if problems, see your orthopedist with interest in feet or a podiatrist. Don't be a "pain in the foot"! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: To fix a flat foot requires surgery. Insoles do not fix a foot type but are made to restrict excess motion and to relieve pain. There are several surgical procedures that can fix a flat foot, but they vary depending on severity and other factors. I hope this helps! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A fallen arch is commonly known as a flatfoot. The foot loses the arch on the inner side of foot. This is also known as pes planus and there can be either a flexible version and a rigid version. A flexible version is flat only when weight is applied on the foot; a rigid version is flat when the foot is off and when the foot is on ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the relationship between clear thinking and having your feet flat on the floor?
- Which shoe type is perfect for flat feet or bunions
- Can having flat feet cause you to have a higher chance of mcl injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which jordan shoe is perfect for flat feet or bunions
- I seem to have really small hands is it a common or rare genetic thing
- Can i join the marine corps if i have flat feet?
- Is it good to have big feet?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free