Doctor insights on:
Is Having Esophageal Dysmotility Common After Anterior Cervical Spine Surgery
What is the most common procedure or therapy to deal with failed cervical spine surgery? Neck, back pain is worse a year later. Also new disc buldges.
Depends on the : Surgery. If it is a minimally invasive fusion, you may only need Percocet or something along those lines. If it is something more invasive, such as an open anterior approach with a discectomy, you may need patient controlled analgesia which often consists of IV morphine or something along those lines. Hope this helps! ...Read more
What can cause my husband's left leg numbness after cervical spine surgery and lumbar spinal injections?
Leg numbness: The location of numbness is important to document and also the type of cervical surgery. If he had posterior surgery, the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve can be compressed due to the prone position and numbness can occur along the lateral thigh. Nerve injury is a potential for any spinal injection but extremely rare. ...Read more
Yes: I would be happy to, but you would need to be more specific. Options generally involve going through the front verses the back of the neck, and whether a decompression alone or a fusion, or a disc replacement is done. Each option has its advantages in certain situations, as well as it's disadvantages. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: This depends on a variety of factors including your age and health as well as other medical issues and habits such as being a smoker. It also depends on the specific reason for the surgery and what rype of surgery (decompression, fusion or both) and the extent of the surgery as well as what approach or approaches used. Is it a first time surgery or a revision surgery or an adjacent level one. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
ACDF: Not sure what you are asking? If they can do anterior cervical surgery in china? Probably, but why go on a trip for something maybe a local doctor you trust can perform locally and you will have access to him/her afterwards instead of having to fly back home? What is the proposed procedure for what pathology? Be careful and do no pay for services you haven't perhaps received yet.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it common to develop heart problems after having lung surgery for cancer?
- Is it common to have a blood ttansfusion after a hip replacrment surgery?
- What is the common recovery time after retinal detachment surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Is it okay for the skin on my hand to be peeling after having hand surgery?
- Is it bad to have smoked after having sinus surgery?
- I still have finger and hand swelling after hand surgery is this normal
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free