Doctor insights on:
Is Hand Sanitizer Safe To Use On Babies
No: Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol and remember babies tend to put their hand in their mouth, and they can also absorb the alcohol from thier skin. Alcohol irritates the delicate skin of babies. In most instances soap and water will do just fine to clean little hands. If you must use it put it on your hands first and then apply to your babys hands. Always read warning labels on any product you use! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Rub hands well so they are dry. ...Read more
Yes: It is effective in killing many of the organisms that you take care of with handwashing, however, it is better to wash them for around 20 seconds making sure you get the tips as well as around the fingers if given a choice. ...Read more
Is it safe if baby puts hands into the mouth after hands are used hand sanitizer alcohol free (leave it dry)? Thanks
Sanitizer: Without knowing what product you are using it is impossible to be definitive, but the chances of this doing harm to your baby are infinitessimally small. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to use hand sanitizer on babies?
- Hand sanitizer uses
- How to use hand sanitizer on toddlers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should be sanitize their hands before holding a baby
- Hand sanitizer
- How to use antibacterial hand sanitizer after virus exposure?
- Hand sanitizer and arthritis in hands
- Talk to a pediatrician online