Doctor insights on:
Is Hair Loss A Common Side Effect Of Humira
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
No : Not common.Get a more detailed answer ›
I take 20mg of lexapro, 5mg of Abilify & 75mg of spironolactone daily. Is hair loss a common side effect with any of these drugs? I'm shedding a lot.
How common is hair loss side effect in women taking elmiron, and will hair loss stop if drug is discontinued?
See answer: In the clinical trials leading to FDA approval of Elmiron for the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis, hair loss (alopecia) was self/reported by 4% of the ~2500 patients who took Elmiron for between 3 and 12 months. In my experience, I would estimate noticeable hair loss by the patient to be slightly higher and nearly always reversible upon stopping the medication. ...Read more
Platelet Rich Plasma: Very effective for hair regrowth at this point. No side effects. It's your own blood! Examples: J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2014 Apr;7(2):107-10. Platelet-rich plasma in androgenic alopecia: myth or an effective tool. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:760709. Epub 2014 May 6. The effect of autologous activated platelet rich plasma (AA-PRP) injection on pattern hair loss: clinical and histomorphometric.. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I think my topamax is causing loss of appetite is that a common side effect
- Is a systemic yeast infection a side effect of humira?
- Is depression a common side effect of having a meningioma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is nystagmus a common side effect of neuroblastoma?
- What is the most common side effect of vitamins to hair skin nails?
- Is having hot flashes a normal side effect of prednisone?
- Is hair loss a symptom of folic acid deficiency?
- Talk to a dermatologist online