Doctor insights on:
Is Glycosuria A Kidney Disease
Not usually: Glycosuria ie sugar in urine points to high blood sugar probably from diabetes. High sugar spills over from the blood into the urine, and does not mean kidney disease .However some persons with diabetes can develop kidney disease or diabetic nephropathy as it is called from having diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Vague: Kidney failure is notorious for causing very vague nebulous symptoms sometimes like, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, decreased appetite, metallic taste in the mouth, etc. I have a more comprehensive list on my blog at http://www.Kidneydoctorbradenton.Org/2013/04/what-are-signs-and-symptoms-of-ckd.Html. ...Read more
Decreased Urination: Acute kidney disease represents an attack against the attack usually from profound dehydration, nephrotoxic agents like antibiotics or from bacterial infections. The symptoms range from decrease in urine output, nausea and loss of appetite. The most critical side effect is rapid increase in potassium that can be very dangerous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lowering BP: Please learn the root cause of your kidney disease and high BP - if possible, remedy root causes. Meanwhile, achieve ideal weight, don't smoke, avoid salt, avoid saturated fats, avoid sugar, breads, pizza, muffins; eat mostly fruit, veggies, whole grain, egg whites; avoid animal fat; fish is good; poultry is fine; no skin; no fried food; nuts excellent; exercise twice daily; ask doc about ACEI rx ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is burning tongue a symptom of kidney disease?
- Is polycystic kidney disease a disability?
- Is there a relationship between thyroid disease and kidney problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take mineral oil for constipation with a kidney disease?
- Is breathlessness a symptom of kidney disease?
- Is it safe to get pregnant if i have a kidney disease?
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if i have kidney disease?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free