Doctor insights on:
Is Getting A Herpes Outbreak During Labor Life Threatening For The Baby
How can I tell if I am about to or starting to have a herpes outbreak? Are there pre symptoms or indicators?
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Yes, it can be: Because herpes simplex infections in newborns and very young babies can be life-threatening, mothers with genital herpes outbreaks in labor can be safely delivered by c-section. Herpes in a newborn can spread all through the baby's body, including the brain. In the brain, the virus causes encephalitis, with seizures, lethargy, brain damage, and even death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I think Im about to get another herpes outbreak . I'm 8 weeks pregnant . Can I take my meds for the herpes? Will it harm the baby.??
Is it possible to have an outbreak during labor if you have genital herpes even if you were taking a medication to prevent the outbreak?
Yes.: You cannot transmit the Herpes infection to another part of your body after you get the initial infection. Your body produces antibodies that prevent other areas of your body from becoming infected--but it is possible to already have multiple areas involved from the same initial infection. Do tell the colonoscopy staff so that they may exercise greater contact precautions. ...Read more
If u touch smthng that someone with coldsores may or may not have touched & then touch a little wound, can you get herpes outbreak in that wound?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for a skin tone to get lighter in winter even if in the sun?
- Is it safe for a newborn baby to be living in the basement?
- Is an active baby in the womb a good sign of a healthy weigjt gain for bby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the life expectancy for a patient after heart bypass surgery?
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- Is it normal for my baby to eat more at night than during the day?
- What is the life expectancy for a person with advanced cirrhosis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online