Doctor insights on:
Is Gender A Factor In Stretch Marks
STRETCH MARKS: Unfortunately, i know of nothing that can be done for stretch marks. The treatments that promise to remove stretch marks are laser resurfacing therapy, dermabrasion, and various creams and lotions. These are all pretty expensive. Nothing over-the-counter works. Check with a dermatologist to see what he/she might recommend. But i wouldn't be hopeful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Normal: There is nothing to do to prevent them and they fade with time. You can google about this and I am sure will find many things for sale, but evidence that anything is better than just waiting for them to fade is ellusive. Losing weight and getting back in trim with exercise is the best cure and tanning is helpful cosmetically. you are a mother and can be proud of it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Laser, co2 injection: Fractionated laser can improve the appearance of stretch marks, although it is more effective in red fresh stretch marks. Another treatment is carboxytherapy, injections of medical carbon dioxide gas, which can improve both red and older stretch marks in any color of skin with no downtime. Increased blood supply stimulates new collagen formation in a few weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is ethnicity a factor in stretch marks?
- Is gender a factor in transverse lie?
- Is gender a factor in vanishing twin syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is gender a factor in atrioventricular septal defect?
- Is gender a factor in footling breech presentation?
- Is gender a factor in croup?
- Is gender a factor in thalassemia?
- Talk to a dermatologist online